~ shared meals in the comfort of your own home ~
ROOTS READY is a local garden-to-table meal sharing service with an emphasis on fresh, organic entrees and artisan bread – all made from scratch in a licensed kitchen with ROOTS Farmacy garden ingredients and other local sources as needed.
WHO: Folks who want to enjoy Summer’s healthy, delicious, and nutrient-packed abundance, but haven’t a garden, the time, a clue, or the budget to eat out.
WHAT: Several clients have recently asked us to create a “give my gut a break” menu, which is what we’ve done. This menu plan is vegetarian and near-vegan free, with occasional cheese and butter use. The only oils we use are high quality organic olive and coconut. Our artisan bread, flatbread, and crackers are organic and preservative-free. You’ll receive 9 prepared entrees every three weeks, allowing you to supplement your diet with fresh, nutrient-dense, gut-friendly alternatives.
HOW: There’s no doubt that sharing the cost of meal preparation saves you money and time. That’s why we make the effort to group folks with common needs together in a meal-share experience. Each member receives the same menu items, but they’re packaged individually and stored in your own cooler on Preparation Day. Take your cooler home and store items in your refrigerator or freezer to enjoy whenever you want.
WHEN: June 10 – September 30
- Every third Monday (6 total)
- June 10, July 1 + 22, August 12, September 9 + 30
- Pick-up between 3:00p and 9:00p on Preparation Day
WHERE: 371 NW Kanaka Creek Rd., Stevenson
WHY: Because you want to …
- save money and time
- eat healthy, delicious food
- enjoy variety
- avoid processed foods
- support your local food scene and small businesses / farmers
COST: As low as $10/Entrée (with 10 members)
- The price will depend upon the number of folks who sign up for the service. If 6, the cost is $20/entree; 8 members = $13/entree; and 10+ members = $10/entree. It’s important to remember that even at $20 you’re saving money and time, with the added bonus of organic ingredients and from-scratch meals. Not to mention generous, filling portions. You won’t find this value at any Gorge-local restaurant or market.
A PEEK AT THE MENU:
- Baked Falafel on Fresh Greens w. Tzatziki Sauce
- Ratatouille on Polenta Cakes
- Heirloom Tomato Galette
- Couscous Stuffed Eggplant w. Tahini Sauce
- Pesto-Caprese & Crouton Salad
- Roasted Beet, Kale, and Onion Flatbread w. Balsamic Reduction
- Vegetable Paella & Saffron Rice
- Beet & Turnip Gratin on Wilted Greens
- Butternut Squash & Chickpea Stew w. Herb Crackers
QUESTIONS / TO REGISTER: Contact Annie McHale at (541) 351-5247 or ROOTSFarmacyLove@gmail.com.